We will not attempt to resolve a complaint that:
• Is being or has been dealt with by a court or an alternative dispute resolution process.
• Falls under the regulatory authority of another organization such as the Fair Trading Commission, the Consumer Affairs Commission or the Bank of Jamaica.
• Has already been dealt with by the FSC
• Where it is to be determined which party is liable in a motor vehicle accident. Usually, this is in the remit of the court.
• Where there are disputed facts that cannot be settled with the evidence before the FSC. Usually, this is in the remit of the court or an alternative dispute resolution process.
• Complaints, where the parties in the dispute fail or refuse to reduce their complaints in writing.